The Kawasaki Jet Ski
This is a list of past and present models of the Kawasaki Jet Ski. Kawasaki coined the term "Jet Ski" and they've done it with style. They have done more for the personal watercraft industry than any other major manufacturer. However you slice it, the Kawasaki jet ski, personal watercraft, waverunner, or PWC, the list is not in any particular order.
Quick Facts about Kawasaki Personal Watercraft
- Kawasaki jet skis date back to the early 1970's. Kawasaki entered the market with a stand-up personal watercraft. It was powered by a two stroke, twin-cylinder engine.
- It was in 1976 that Kawasaki mass produced the jet ski called the JS400.
- In 1989, Kawasaki released the Jet Mate, a three seat boat-like personal watercraft. It was a side-by-side jet ski capable of traveling in reverse and equipped with a tow hook.
- Also in 1989, they released the TS, (model JF650) this was their first sit-down jet ski with the traditional single-file, forward seating arrangement.
- Kawaski currently features a full lineup of sit-down personal watercraft. The models vary in size and price and include entry level machines as well as high performance models.
- Got something to add?